Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, December 29, 2008

2009

i know - new year's is this week, and all those people, maybe you (GOOD JOB YOU!) are jumping on the healthy exercise bus... think of me as knowing i've been on the bus for a few years, but am getting up, walking over to a new seat, and sitting my booty down on it. or maybe standing next to it, reaching up, to try to grab those stupid "made for tall people" bars so as to not fall over.

yeah, i'm making bus analogies.

the plan is currently underway, accepting ideas, and looking for contributions

should i:

sprint tri in may
1/2 marathon in november
try to get into danskin sometime in summer
attempt the tri for a cure (with *GASP* outside cold ocean swimming?) mid august

who knows.... certainly not I.

good news: sign ups don't start 'till mid february, so if i ain't getting the workouts in, i ain't signing up!

new blogging idea:
once a week, on mondays, make myself accountable. with the plan for food and fitness laid out. then review last week's efforts, what I learned.

Last Week:
It was christmas, so there were several spinning classes cancelled, and also lots of holiday parties.

what I learned:
i don't need 2-3 pieces of bread with my meal
i have no idea what a serving of soup is
2 deserts are not better than 1 an hour later.
tea stains cups, i wonder if it stains my teeth
the older i get the easier it is to gain weight

this week:
(starting sunday!)
Spin 90 minutes sunday
spin 60 minutes monday
run or swim after work tuesday
celebrate new years eve
sleep new years day -with a run, if i can muster
swim friday
run saturday.

food:
I did the food shopping yesterday instead of Mr Husband, so: lentil soup, shredded carrots, lots of veggies, v8, yogurt, granola, HEALTHY is the goal.

ready? set --- go! see you next monday to report progress!


new favorite song for the week: the killers "all these things I have done"
"I got soul, but I'm not a soldier"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home