the mental race
it's all about the brain.
taking today's quote from Lance's book, not a song.
The tri is next saturday. almost less than a week away. Physically, I will
finish it. I can swim, bike, run those distances, in that order, for that amount of time.
Mentally is a whole new ball of wax. I'll be working on that in the next week
thinking about succeeding. thinking about how good it will feel.
thinking about the accomplishment of the attempt.
thinking about my goal to tri before 30.
thinking about all the work i've put in. all the swimming. all the food.
all the sleep. all the running. all the showering at the gym. smelling like chlorine
none of that will matter during the run.
i know it's only a sprint distance, and laughable to all the ironpeeps out there
and laughable to the marathoners, and the experienced racers.
during the run when it will hurt, and i'll be tired. i'm hoping that adrenaline will kick in, and float me to the finish. i'm hoping.
this is my first.
my first race outside of highschool.
it's all mental now.
i skipped class today. work wise it wasn't going to happen. i'm going
to swim for time tonight, to see where i stand, then a quick run to shake
out the tension.
did i mention i'm doing a 5 k this weekend
my first 5k?
breathe in, breathe out.
it's all about the brain.
taking today's quote from Lance's book, not a song.
The tri is next saturday. almost less than a week away. Physically, I will
finish it. I can swim, bike, run those distances, in that order, for that amount of time.
Mentally is a whole new ball of wax. I'll be working on that in the next week
thinking about succeeding. thinking about how good it will feel.
thinking about the accomplishment of the attempt.
thinking about my goal to tri before 30.
thinking about all the work i've put in. all the swimming. all the food.
all the sleep. all the running. all the showering at the gym. smelling like chlorine
none of that will matter during the run.
i know it's only a sprint distance, and laughable to all the ironpeeps out there
and laughable to the marathoners, and the experienced racers.
during the run when it will hurt, and i'll be tired. i'm hoping that adrenaline will kick in, and float me to the finish. i'm hoping.
this is my first.
my first race outside of highschool.
it's all mental now.
i skipped class today. work wise it wasn't going to happen. i'm going
to swim for time tonight, to see where i stand, then a quick run to shake
out the tension.
did i mention i'm doing a 5 k this weekend
my first 5k?
breathe in, breathe out.
it's all about the brain.

2 Comments:
At 5:25 PM,
That Soft Distortion said…
Hey Chandra- good luck! I'm really impressed!
-Lisa Renzi
At 8:03 PM,
Meaghan said…
You're going to ROCK, Chandra! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home