322
322
my first race number
like i actually finally with all the talk, ran a race
completed a race
and my time: 30:47 for a 5K
19th in my age division. (not last, still 20 people in my age group that finished after me)
a few thoughts:
1. I wasn't nervous, but i was kind of excited before it
2. I didn't start in the right place - i should have been closer to the front
3. I didn't push hard enough throughout the entire race. I know I could have done it in like 28:00
4. I didn't hurt my shoulder more than it was already in terrible pain from Friday's swim
and now the story behind the story.
the woman that finished at 30:45- 2 seconds before me.
yeah, she won her age group - the 70 and older group.
I was beat by a 70 year old lady.
so my first race - check check
t minus 6 days till the Tri.
GASP
my first race number
like i actually finally with all the talk, ran a race
completed a race
and my time: 30:47 for a 5K
19th in my age division. (not last, still 20 people in my age group that finished after me)
a few thoughts:
1. I wasn't nervous, but i was kind of excited before it
2. I didn't start in the right place - i should have been closer to the front
3. I didn't push hard enough throughout the entire race. I know I could have done it in like 28:00
4. I didn't hurt my shoulder more than it was already in terrible pain from Friday's swim
and now the story behind the story.
the woman that finished at 30:45- 2 seconds before me.
yeah, she won her age group - the 70 and older group.
I was beat by a 70 year old lady.
so my first race - check check
t minus 6 days till the Tri.
GASP

1 Comments:
At 10:17 PM,
Meaghan said…
HOW DID IT GO??
Post a Comment
<< Home