Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Boiling Oil

"The boiling oil was only tepid" - From "Fiasco" episode of This American Life, on NPR, hosted by Ira Glass.

using it: when beginning a story that ends in fiasco.

I *LOVE* this episode of TAL, and highly recommend everyone going to this website episode 61 "Fiasco" and listening. It's work safe, and HYSTERICAL. It made me laugh almost as much as bunny suicides

Ok, i feel like i swallowed a watermelon. My nutritious eating habits have gone to hell in a handbasket since Nov.18, and I really feel it. I need some sort of detox... you know, water and baby spinach only for a week, but more healthy than that. Perhaps a huge pot of Green Tea. Ugh. I must rid my body of the nastiness. It's like I'm carrying around an extra 10 pounds of ugly. even though i didn't gain any weight (hey, ignorance is bliss, that's why I don't own a scale!)

I can't really exercise, or do anything that may involve using both feet, as I am currently walking around on 1 foot and 1 heel. My doctor's appt to remove the hated plantar wart was yesterday, and may I just say OUCH!!! The ball of my right foot hasn't touched the ground in about 27 hours. I almost hit a car yesterday because it hurt too much to slam on the breaks when the jacka## in front of me stopped short.

so anyone know some effective ways to get back on the healthy food train, and detox a bit?

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger J'Og said…

    OH LORD

    laughing out loud in a cube farm is NOT a good idea. i've got tears streaming down my face i'm laughing so hard.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home