Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Exultation

“Sing in Exultation” I ain’t telling. You guess!

Using it: when celebrating the holidays, raising your voice in carol.

This is from my favorite Christmas carol. It’s weird, I don’t consider myself religious at all, but I love almost all Christmas carols, despite what they are about, the message they send, or the words I must sing along with.

I went to an “endurance ride” class last night. It was sweaty awesome fun, and I may become a regular Monday night spinner. It does hurt to sit today, but I knew it would. I totally bonked about 3/4 way through, not enough fuel in my body to keep going, but i pushed. I know it was probably wrong, but them's the breaks.

I’m going running after work today! WOO HOO. Sure it’s on a gerbil mill, but it will be running. My foot’s all healed, I’ve been eating much better since last week’s need detox post, and my gym clothes are FREEZING in my car.

I’d really like to run outside, but there are a few problems:
1. I work during the daylight hours (all of them)
2. I’m afraid of being hit by a car, as my town doesn’t believe in streetlights
3. It’s colder when it’s dark out.
4. I don’t like being cold
5. I don’t have all the cool gear Brent just bought
6. I don’t like being cold
7. I don’t like running in the dark.

I still haven’t decided what I want for Christmas. It might be another home depot holiday. I do really want tickets to see Jack Johnson in 2006, but there aren’t tour dates yet.
I don’t know if I can validate a forerunner 301.

Funny story: We are getting a new neighbor. She’s building a house next to ours (boo). K’s parents asked him how old the new neighbor is, and he said “She’s older than us, almost 30”. He paused, looked around the room at us laughing, and then realized that he’s going to be 27 on Thursday, so really, we’re almost 30 too.

Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home