Friday
"See I'm all about them words
Over numbers, unencumbered numbered words;
Hundreds of pages, pages, pages for words.
More words than I, i never heard and I, feel so alive." - Jason Mraz "You and I Both"
using it- when you have unencumbered numbered words. I love this lyric. it's cool.
so last night i got gas. simple enough, right? yeah, not so much. I got gas ($2.75 a gallon) and put my credit card in my back pocket. because the door was closed, my wallet was in the car, i've done it a thousand times. See where this is going?
yeah. so I got home, changed from work clothes into play clothes to go out to dinner, and was in a hurry. I was putting my shoes on again, and said "ooh, i should get my credit card, for the restuarant". so i run back up stairs, check the back pocket. No credit card.
damn.
so I tangle through the pocket book, no credit card.
so I go outside, and in the car, around the seat, under the car, places that my credit card couldnt' possibly be. no credit card.
so we go to the gas station on the way to dinner. check around the pump, ask the sketchy guy that works there. no credit card.
I called visa, cancelled the card, admitted to K that maybe I was just a tiny bit like my mother. and visa said they would send me a new card, asked me about my most recent charge, in hindsight, they were quite helpful and nice about the whole thing.
had dinner, got home, and felt the need to prove that I did not leave my credit card at the gas pump for people to steal. (while i'm at this, i live in yuppie ville, and can't imagine any of these neighbors needing my low limit card). So I emptied the pocket book, and then retraced my steps. and there, under my bed, was the friggen' card. son of a bitch.
I called visa to reinstate my card,:
cc lady - I'm so glad you found the card, but sadly we can not reinstate it. Just out of curiousity, where'd you find the card?
me - oh, i found it under my bed. I'd like to blame my cat, but I think it was really my fault
cc lady- *giggle* that's nice, you should blame your cat. I'll take all the high alerts off your card, and get that new one mailed right away.
so i'm leaving for Miami on monday, with no credit card.
did I mention it's still raining and i haven't run all week, and I feel really guilty? its my own damn fault, and i'm kicking my own ass. next week, blogging and running in miami!
oh! and, I'm going to have to put on a bathing suit in Miami next to a coworker who could be a professional model.
Over numbers, unencumbered numbered words;
Hundreds of pages, pages, pages for words.
More words than I, i never heard and I, feel so alive." - Jason Mraz "You and I Both"
using it- when you have unencumbered numbered words. I love this lyric. it's cool.
so last night i got gas. simple enough, right? yeah, not so much. I got gas ($2.75 a gallon) and put my credit card in my back pocket. because the door was closed, my wallet was in the car, i've done it a thousand times. See where this is going?
yeah. so I got home, changed from work clothes into play clothes to go out to dinner, and was in a hurry. I was putting my shoes on again, and said "ooh, i should get my credit card, for the restuarant". so i run back up stairs, check the back pocket. No credit card.
damn.
so I tangle through the pocket book, no credit card.
so I go outside, and in the car, around the seat, under the car, places that my credit card couldnt' possibly be. no credit card.
so we go to the gas station on the way to dinner. check around the pump, ask the sketchy guy that works there. no credit card.
I called visa, cancelled the card, admitted to K that maybe I was just a tiny bit like my mother. and visa said they would send me a new card, asked me about my most recent charge, in hindsight, they were quite helpful and nice about the whole thing.
had dinner, got home, and felt the need to prove that I did not leave my credit card at the gas pump for people to steal. (while i'm at this, i live in yuppie ville, and can't imagine any of these neighbors needing my low limit card). So I emptied the pocket book, and then retraced my steps. and there, under my bed, was the friggen' card. son of a bitch.
I called visa to reinstate my card,:
cc lady - I'm so glad you found the card, but sadly we can not reinstate it. Just out of curiousity, where'd you find the card?
me - oh, i found it under my bed. I'd like to blame my cat, but I think it was really my fault
cc lady- *giggle* that's nice, you should blame your cat. I'll take all the high alerts off your card, and get that new one mailed right away.
so i'm leaving for Miami on monday, with no credit card.
did I mention it's still raining and i haven't run all week, and I feel really guilty? its my own damn fault, and i'm kicking my own ass. next week, blogging and running in miami!
oh! and, I'm going to have to put on a bathing suit in Miami next to a coworker who could be a professional model.

5 Comments:
At 7:24 PM,
brent said…
have fun in miami!
At 9:42 PM,
Deb said…
Great blog. I love That song to..don't you ever wonder if people are hearing the same words? Good luck on your trip and CC!
P.S. Check out Matt White on ITunes..you might like him.
At 12:19 PM,
Molly said…
Sorry to hear about your card. Just see if you can take K's or someone else's. Or just use debit card. Hope Miami is awesome and HOT HOT HOT.
Forget about being next to coworker who looks like supermodel. Imagine being in a country where *everyone* looks like a supermodel, then we'll talk.
At 5:33 PM,
Brooke said…
I have done that so many times. Thankfully, I always find it before going into cancelling the card panic mode, but the day is coming.
Have fun in Miami.
At 3:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
you're life is fascinating...tell me more! i can't wait to hear more about the supermodel and the brit...
Post a Comment
<< Home