Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A staging year

So I'm going on vacation in about 10 minutes for a few days. I'm not going anywhere, but it my general policy to not work on my birthday, and as it falls on the first week of August (every year!) I generally take the whole week off.

I've decided that this is going to be a staging year, as next August I'll be turning 30, and I'd like to get some stuff done before that. Not that I think the world is going to end when I'm 30, just that it's a good starting point for the rest of me, and a nice goal.

I'll be spending the next few days relaxing in my back yard, maybe doing the tourist thing around maine, and perhaps a pedicure. I'll also be running, biking and swimming. I haven't talked about my activities in this forum recently. I'm not sure why, but updating the blog before I go home for the day always seems to get cut from the to do list.

I got myself an early birthday present - a Wii! it's fun. you should think about getting one. I play for a little while at night, and the boxing one really works up a sweat (well, I tend to move around a little more than you need to!).
and I also recommend this, The Athlete's Way by Chris Bergland but also wonder if other bloggers (RBFers) have read it, and what you think of it.

I've changed my words at the top, going to change the masthead once i figure it out (or have someone (bright red bicycle) help me with it) It's a good change. Those words from the Guster song really ring true everytime I hear it, and really, that's what i'm doing. Forge Ahead, however slowly. I found an indoor tri to sign up for (hence solving the "I don't want to buy a wetsuit" problem) and am settling into my new role at work. so that's where I'm at.
what about you?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Meaghan said…

    Happy Birthday Chandra!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday. I borrowed a Wii recently and love it. It does work up a sweat.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger mierla said…

    *sits up straighter*

    why yes! i'd be happy to help. :)

    also, happy birthday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home