No more jump roping games
"All the redemption I can offer, girl, is beneath this dirty hood " - Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
using it - when you got a dirty hood
no real life reference with the lyric today - i just love this song, and this is a funny line.
So, 1 week into 29, things are going fine. Someone thought I was 23, and for the first time in my LIFE i was pleased to look younger.
I had a great birthday week - parties, family, friends, great food, booze, outdoors. It was really nice.
All except for when I dropped and broke my digital camera. oops. Personally I blame the shots, but who's to say, was it my fault, was it because it was dark, was it because I can't see that well anymore? who knows? I'm not so secretly ok with having to replace it - i sort of wanted a new one anyways!
I got a few workout things for the b-day - a 8lb medicine ball, jump rope and book about how to box! so I've been trying it (along with the runs, and some swims) -
let me tell you a secret :
Jumping rope when you're not 8 years old is HARD. Like the book recommended 6 minutes. 6 minutes of jump roping - I laughed. I set the timer, I grabbed the jump rope, I went outside. I started jumping. I whipped myself more times than i care to admit, had to stop/start over and over again, stopped to wipe the sweat from my brow, and looked at the clock -
only 2 minutes.
OMG
4 minutes later, I had to sit down.
2 days later I made myself do 10 minutes. tomorrow is 15. Watch out World - next jump roping champion is here.
using it - when you got a dirty hood
no real life reference with the lyric today - i just love this song, and this is a funny line.
So, 1 week into 29, things are going fine. Someone thought I was 23, and for the first time in my LIFE i was pleased to look younger.
I had a great birthday week - parties, family, friends, great food, booze, outdoors. It was really nice.
All except for when I dropped and broke my digital camera. oops. Personally I blame the shots, but who's to say, was it my fault, was it because it was dark, was it because I can't see that well anymore? who knows? I'm not so secretly ok with having to replace it - i sort of wanted a new one anyways!
I got a few workout things for the b-day - a 8lb medicine ball, jump rope and book about how to box! so I've been trying it (along with the runs, and some swims) -
let me tell you a secret :
Jumping rope when you're not 8 years old is HARD. Like the book recommended 6 minutes. 6 minutes of jump roping - I laughed. I set the timer, I grabbed the jump rope, I went outside. I started jumping. I whipped myself more times than i care to admit, had to stop/start over and over again, stopped to wipe the sweat from my brow, and looked at the clock -
only 2 minutes.
OMG
4 minutes later, I had to sit down.
2 days later I made myself do 10 minutes. tomorrow is 15. Watch out World - next jump roping champion is here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home