Mid week s and m
"We can work it out" - Beatles "we can work it out"
using it: to resolve issues, or talk about how to make the cramping in the quads go away.
When trying to decide the training for last night, I came upon a class entitled "Mid Week Mix". Sounds simple, sounds like a mid week class for busy moms who try to control the size of their behinds. So, like a good little wanna be runner, I decided that I would run a bit before the class, you know, so I could feel like I got a real workout (like chandra workout, not like 12 mile elite workout) so I did a 10 minute warm up, increasing speed every 2 minutes.
I stretched, had some water, and walked "briskly" around the track until the class started.
It went fine. there was sweating, and lunges, and pushups and squats. Life was good. every now and then the instructor would make us run 2 laps.
Then he told us to get dumbells, but, being the good guy he was, he told us what weights to get. as in, he walked around the room and told you what weights to pick up... so he gets to me, and tells me to get the HEAVIEST weights of the class. as in everyone else, you can use these little light dumbells, but chandra, you have to use these super heavy ones. ,.... mm. great. cuz you know the super heavy ones get heavier as you do the 10 set of curls. ...mmm... it hurt. i'm not going to lie. i wasn't sure I could do it.... but i pulled through, almost fell off the bosu ball (world's unsafest contraption since the invention of the strap that ties you to the snowboard) but I did it.
Stretched out, had a dinner that couldn't be beat, enjoyed the movie. Was a little sore after 2 hours of sitting in the theater, but nothing bad.
UNTIL this morning.
you would think by my inability to pick up things from the ground that I had run 15 miles yesterday. but I didn't.
*so sore*
so i renamed "mid week mix" to mid week S&M because, really that's what the guy was.
so today's a rest day.
but guess what?
i'm going back next week.
using it: to resolve issues, or talk about how to make the cramping in the quads go away.
When trying to decide the training for last night, I came upon a class entitled "Mid Week Mix". Sounds simple, sounds like a mid week class for busy moms who try to control the size of their behinds. So, like a good little wanna be runner, I decided that I would run a bit before the class, you know, so I could feel like I got a real workout (like chandra workout, not like 12 mile elite workout) so I did a 10 minute warm up, increasing speed every 2 minutes.
I stretched, had some water, and walked "briskly" around the track until the class started.
It went fine. there was sweating, and lunges, and pushups and squats. Life was good. every now and then the instructor would make us run 2 laps.
Then he told us to get dumbells, but, being the good guy he was, he told us what weights to get. as in, he walked around the room and told you what weights to pick up... so he gets to me, and tells me to get the HEAVIEST weights of the class. as in everyone else, you can use these little light dumbells, but chandra, you have to use these super heavy ones. ,.... mm. great. cuz you know the super heavy ones get heavier as you do the 10 set of curls. ...mmm... it hurt. i'm not going to lie. i wasn't sure I could do it.... but i pulled through, almost fell off the bosu ball (world's unsafest contraption since the invention of the strap that ties you to the snowboard) but I did it.
Stretched out, had a dinner that couldn't be beat, enjoyed the movie. Was a little sore after 2 hours of sitting in the theater, but nothing bad.
UNTIL this morning.
you would think by my inability to pick up things from the ground that I had run 15 miles yesterday. but I didn't.
*so sore*
so i renamed "mid week mix" to mid week S&M because, really that's what the guy was.
so today's a rest day.
but guess what?
i'm going back next week.

2 Comments:
At 4:20 PM,
JGC Photography said…
Hey, I like celery! You should really check out www.runnersworld.com forum for questions on HR and other stuff. It's helped me out a lot.
http://charronrunning.blogspot.com
P.S. I'm originally from New Brunswick and have spent a lot of time in Maine. In fact I'd love to retire in Camden.
At 11:26 AM,
Anonymous said…
Read "Heart Rate Training For Compleat Idiots" by John Parker.
Great book if you don't understand how to use a heart rate monitor.
Post a Comment
<< Home