Slow and steady
"I like to move it, move it, you like to move it move it"
Much unlike the hare, I ran on the gerbil mill last night. 2 miles in 21 minutes, with a 3 minute uphill speedwalk added onto the end. I’m more like the tortoise. I go slow, I plod, I don’t win any races. I’m feeling a little pathetic in the running. I should be running outside, “hardcore” in the snow, cold and sleet. Like a postal worker without the negative connotations. I should run OUTSIDE 3 times a week. The goal is there, but I’m not sure where the willpower/motivation is. So, to indulge myself, I’m going to make a list of reasons to run. Please let me know if I missed a good one!
Healthy living
Skinny pants
Training for the marathon/half in 2006
Running regularly makes me eat healthier
Better shape for winter skiing
Rock hard thighs
Calves that could make my BF swoon
If I run, I lift weights, and both are good
More energy
Guilt free Klondike bars
Checking the active box on forms
A good base
To adversely effect the desk job
Portable gear
So I can blog about it!
That’s all I got.
Tonight: “mid week mix” at the gym!
Much unlike the hare, I ran on the gerbil mill last night. 2 miles in 21 minutes, with a 3 minute uphill speedwalk added onto the end. I’m more like the tortoise. I go slow, I plod, I don’t win any races. I’m feeling a little pathetic in the running. I should be running outside, “hardcore” in the snow, cold and sleet. Like a postal worker without the negative connotations. I should run OUTSIDE 3 times a week. The goal is there, but I’m not sure where the willpower/motivation is. So, to indulge myself, I’m going to make a list of reasons to run. Please let me know if I missed a good one!
Healthy living
Skinny pants
Training for the marathon/half in 2006
Running regularly makes me eat healthier
Better shape for winter skiing
Rock hard thighs
Calves that could make my BF swoon
If I run, I lift weights, and both are good
More energy
Guilt free Klondike bars
Checking the active box on forms
A good base
To adversely effect the desk job
Portable gear
So I can blog about it!
That’s all I got.
Tonight: “mid week mix” at the gym!

1 Comments:
At 2:58 PM,
Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…
You forgot "the scenery" *wink*, ya know what I mean...lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home