A brand new day
"You can turn the clock to zero, honey
I'll sell the stock, we'll spend all the money
We're starting up a brand new day
Turn the clock all the way back
I wonder if she'll take me back
I'm thinking in a brand new way " Sting - Brand New Day
Happy New Year Y'all :)
You know how some people were born to do stuff- like Michael Jackson and the moonwalk, or Mother Theresa and saving the world.... ya know.... i was not born to cross country ski.
This is what happened: I got new skis at thanksgiving. it was all good, i was excited.. this was the year. Previous attempts have not gone well, but I wasn't running back then, so obviously that was the problem.
um. no. the problem is that I can't cross country ski. or skate ski, as apparently they are two separate things. I fell SO MANY times on my booty, shoulder, head, knees, back (you see a trend here?) that I couldn't turn my head on sunday. it was not good. K almost left me out there, lost, unable to get back to the car, with these stupid boards on my frozen tootsies. but, (and this is where the running comes in) i pushed on. there was no gliding (which, as it turns out, is important in skate skiiing) there was only struggle, and baby steps. In the past, BR (before running) I would have cried, quit and walked out. HOWEVER! i kept on keeping on. I pushed. I bonked, my legs were twitchy, my butt turned purple, but I PUSHED ON.
and finally finished the ENTIRE loop. so proud of myself.
it turns out the loop was only 2.6 km... roughly a mile.
um... ooops. nothing to be proud of there....
So after that catasrophe, and a day of rest and bruising. I went running. OUTSIDE. yup, with the tights and the ear thing, and the capilene and the vest and the wind block. 3.5 miles OUTSIDE **beats chest** WOO HOO
My Brand New Way
In no particular order, and mostly stream of conciousness: I resolve to take more pictures, run a half marathon (and secretly plan for the 2007 Disney marathon), spend more time at the library, and less at bookstores, tell the people I love that I love them, use my calendar, send birthday cards, try new food, eat more veggies, lower my cholesterol, learn to spell words I use frequently, call my aunts, eat thanksgiving dinner with my dad, fit into my pants (even when freshly laundered), work on self motivation, be more comfortable with my body, wear my glasses more, help more around the house, learn to tape drywall seams, be happy with what I have, check my oil, wear comfortable shoes, stick to a budget, save for a new car, give away clothes I don't wear anymore, let the spiders live, eat red peppers, less hangovers, more yoga, write more stories, smile even when I don't want to, enjoy quiet time, work up a sweat like it's my job, and stop making resolutions, and start living.
oh, and go check out Wil's new sexy tri site... oooh, red!
I'll sell the stock, we'll spend all the money
We're starting up a brand new day
Turn the clock all the way back
I wonder if she'll take me back
I'm thinking in a brand new way " Sting - Brand New Day
Happy New Year Y'all :)
You know how some people were born to do stuff- like Michael Jackson and the moonwalk, or Mother Theresa and saving the world.... ya know.... i was not born to cross country ski.
This is what happened: I got new skis at thanksgiving. it was all good, i was excited.. this was the year. Previous attempts have not gone well, but I wasn't running back then, so obviously that was the problem.
um. no. the problem is that I can't cross country ski. or skate ski, as apparently they are two separate things. I fell SO MANY times on my booty, shoulder, head, knees, back (you see a trend here?) that I couldn't turn my head on sunday. it was not good. K almost left me out there, lost, unable to get back to the car, with these stupid boards on my frozen tootsies. but, (and this is where the running comes in) i pushed on. there was no gliding (which, as it turns out, is important in skate skiiing) there was only struggle, and baby steps. In the past, BR (before running) I would have cried, quit and walked out. HOWEVER! i kept on keeping on. I pushed. I bonked, my legs were twitchy, my butt turned purple, but I PUSHED ON.
and finally finished the ENTIRE loop. so proud of myself.
it turns out the loop was only 2.6 km... roughly a mile.
um... ooops. nothing to be proud of there....
So after that catasrophe, and a day of rest and bruising. I went running. OUTSIDE. yup, with the tights and the ear thing, and the capilene and the vest and the wind block. 3.5 miles OUTSIDE **beats chest** WOO HOO
My Brand New Way
In no particular order, and mostly stream of conciousness: I resolve to take more pictures, run a half marathon (and secretly plan for the 2007 Disney marathon), spend more time at the library, and less at bookstores, tell the people I love that I love them, use my calendar, send birthday cards, try new food, eat more veggies, lower my cholesterol, learn to spell words I use frequently, call my aunts, eat thanksgiving dinner with my dad, fit into my pants (even when freshly laundered), work on self motivation, be more comfortable with my body, wear my glasses more, help more around the house, learn to tape drywall seams, be happy with what I have, check my oil, wear comfortable shoes, stick to a budget, save for a new car, give away clothes I don't wear anymore, let the spiders live, eat red peppers, less hangovers, more yoga, write more stories, smile even when I don't want to, enjoy quiet time, work up a sweat like it's my job, and stop making resolutions, and start living.
oh, and go check out Wil's new sexy tri site... oooh, red!

1 Comments:
At 10:37 AM,
Molly said…
STING!
Post a Comment
<< Home