Born to Run

"tramps like us, baby we were born to run" - Bruce Springsteen "Born to Run"
using it- when you are in your groove, and gettin' it done.
So, I ran a 5k yesterday. and my time: an AMAZING 30:50. yup, that's right. I ran 3.1 miles at a pace of 9:45-9:50. I think i could have done 9:30. we'll see next week.
Now, if you are an aging hipster, or a running chick, or an iron will, this is not impressive, but if you are me, this is VERY AWESOME.
cuz you know what I did next? I biked. For 30 minutes. at around 90 rpm's on the random hill mode. and then I went food shopping, made dinner. all of this after working 10 hours. i felt giddy.
i know. tramps like us.

7 Comments:
At 11:41 AM,
Brooke said…
Love that song!! Great job on the run. Don't worry about it only being 9:50--that seems fast to me right now. I'm averaging 10 minute miles!
At 1:03 PM,
Simba's Mom said…
Wow!! Great job.
At 10:03 PM,
jeanne said…
Tramps like us indeed! I'm awestruck, and mad jealous! You are awesome! And what's with bruce, riffing off the name of my blog! harumph.
At 4:53 PM,
J'Og said…
smokin'!
and not only a fast 5k, but a brick, too! well done!
At 8:14 AM,
Running Chick said…
it *is* impressive! good run!
At 1:58 PM,
brent said…
nice run indeed!!
At 10:59 PM,
a.maria said…
thats damn impressive no matter WHO you are!
Post a Comment
<< Home