Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Intimate Strangers

"I have no need for anger with intimate strangers" Indigo Girls - Reunion

using it - to dismiss the anger

I liked this lyric, and decided to use it for the blog (it's not always what I'm singing that day!) and then started thinking about it, and I decided that everyone is a stranger, even those you know really well. Like K. We'll be celebrating 8 years this month, and he's an intimate stranger. and I have no need of anger with him, or with anyone else in the world, regardless of knowing them. It reminds me of that quote by Whitman "Dismiss whatever insults your soul".

yup. Dismiss whatever insults your soul. mmmm that sounds nice. I'm going to do that today.

This weekend was spent demolishing walls at Uncle Bodge. Ya know that spray in insulation? yeah, well, don't take it out. seriously. and if you do, wear: a face mask, safety glasses, hat, gloves, long sleeves, long pants and, if socially acceptable a large plastic bubble. This stuff is NASTY. The good thing about it is that while I was too busy to go to to the gym, or get the run in, I did lift weights (carry plaster) do situps (scrap wallpaper under a window, and shovel FIVE trashbarrels of nasty stuff) and got my cardio (up and down the stairs with plaster, trashbags and wood) and my arms (swinging a sledge hammer, and prybar).

last night i went to a kickboxing class, and forgot to bring shorts. so I watched southpark and the simpsons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home