Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

So Much to Say



"I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself
Sometimes I find it better to be somebody else" - Dave Matthews Band So Much to say - on so many live albums.

using it- I forget how much I like this lyric. Today it's easy to be myself. who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Somewhat important topic today in the future of my health, running, figure and weightloss. I have thyroid disease. An underactive thyroid to be exact. I've had it for about 15 years, and have been taking medicine EVERYDAY since I was in 5th grade (give or take a year or so). They change my dose every now and then, upping the amount of synthroid that I take every night before bed. So, I never think about it.
Except today, I was reading the Self Challenge Forums , and saw a discussion all about thyroid disease, and how it effects weightloss and fitness.

Does anyone know about this? Have Thyroid disease?

The articles I have been reading mention a link between hypothyroidism and high cholesterol (which I have!) and all sorts of other stuff.

My body composition is tonight at 6, and after that, some more miles on the 'mill and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
so the major question going through my head is if my running and overall health are effected by the thyroid disease.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger :) said…

    I have no clue on the thyroid stuff... Just swinging by to check out your blog. It has been added to my long, yet distinguished list of blogs I read daily! :)

    (if you want some help on your sidebar, just e-mail me...)

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…

    I have been on Synthroid for probably close to 15 years, same reasons. I was diagnosed at an older age than yourself.

    I have struggled with weight problems off and on for a little longer than that. Not sure if related. I'm afraid I can't answer your questions about the possible links to weight or fitness, but if you find the answers, I'd love to hear more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home