Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Only in Miami

"She told me that only in Miami
is Cuba so far away.
Only in Miami.
My story, she goes this way.
Fish may fly through the purple keys,
golden birds take to air.
I am bound to the earth, it seems.
My life can be so unfair.
Only in Miami
is Cuba so far away." - Bette Midler- "only in miami"

using it- when your in miami, and something stupid happens.

I went running yesterday morning, on a beach in Miami. It was great. for about 5 minutes, because at about that time, my body realized that it's really hard to run on sand, next to a 5'8 runner, who has longer legs, faster stride, and higher Vo2 max. so then I did the only sensible thing I could think of. I stopped, took my shoes off and splashed in the hot ocean. So we walked for about 40 minutes. it was wonderful. then we went for a swim. but my big toes hurt - both of them. I looked down HUGE BLISTERS on each toe. like can't walk, gallon of pus, blister.

it sucked. the hotel gave me a sewing kit, and I popped them. Is this too much information? and bandaged away, and have been standing around ever since.

this morning I didn't run, but I did get to repop Mr. Right toe.

only in miami, would I get 2 blisters from walking on the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home