Sing it Ms. Jones
"Today is not like anyother day" Norah Jones with Wyclef Jean "Any other day" i believe this is on the Hurricane Katrina benefit cd.
i picked up this cd at my favorite cd store ever - Amoeba in SF. i love you little store. i think about you sometimes
I really enjoy this song, which is sort of odd, because i wouldn't refer to myself as a fan of the talented Ms. Jones. She sings, i listen, but I don't purchase or seek out. I put it on my "Happy Spring 2007" mix cd, because sometimes i make mixed cds, because i'm in 8th grade, and it's cool.
i was listening to said song this morning, and it's so true. today isn't like any other day. no day is. right? i mean, you might wake up at the same time time every day, shower, commute, eat, work, commute, eat, sleep but it's a little different everyday.
this song goes on to talk about how gray it is when rains come, (or you know, a really bad hurricane that 2 years later people are still trying to dig out from) but when I listen to it, i'm filled with hope. it's up to me to make today special, like no other day.
cheese i know, it can't all be Margaritaville jimmy buffet world ya know.
Reason's today is not like any other day (in no particular order)
1. My brother turns 19 today. in all his myspace college freshman glory *Cheers* dude
2. I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning, and i still feel good about it
3. a colleague said I looked super skinny
4. we're going out to dinner tonight for yummy flatbread pizza
5. i might get a new car tonight! (i made an offer on Tuesday, i should hear about it today!) *fingers crossed*
i think there should be a runners world for jump roping - i'm addicted.
i picked up this cd at my favorite cd store ever - Amoeba in SF. i love you little store. i think about you sometimes
I really enjoy this song, which is sort of odd, because i wouldn't refer to myself as a fan of the talented Ms. Jones. She sings, i listen, but I don't purchase or seek out. I put it on my "Happy Spring 2007" mix cd, because sometimes i make mixed cds, because i'm in 8th grade, and it's cool.
i was listening to said song this morning, and it's so true. today isn't like any other day. no day is. right? i mean, you might wake up at the same time time every day, shower, commute, eat, work, commute, eat, sleep but it's a little different everyday.
this song goes on to talk about how gray it is when rains come, (or you know, a really bad hurricane that 2 years later people are still trying to dig out from) but when I listen to it, i'm filled with hope. it's up to me to make today special, like no other day.
cheese i know, it can't all be Margaritaville jimmy buffet world ya know.
Reason's today is not like any other day (in no particular order)
1. My brother turns 19 today. in all his myspace college freshman glory *Cheers* dude
2. I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning, and i still feel good about it
3. a colleague said I looked super skinny
4. we're going out to dinner tonight for yummy flatbread pizza
5. i might get a new car tonight! (i made an offer on Tuesday, i should hear about it today!) *fingers crossed*
i think there should be a runners world for jump roping - i'm addicted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home