Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Trees


this is the wood pile in the back of my house


"They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em" Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell

or
"It'll be you and me up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answers." Marty Casey - Trees - from Rock Star Inxs (yes i watched it, stop judging me)

using them: when talking about trees!

Yesterday K and I cut down a 50 foot hemlock. yup. a 50 foot freakin' tree.
so here's the scenario:
K tied one end of the rope to the tree- about 5 feet up, and one end to the van. He cut a notch in the tree with his trusty chain saw, and then cut the other side.
I was in the van, waiting for the "signal" at which point, I would put the pedal to the metal, and pull the tree down, as there was a bush in the way, I was to turn the van around the tree, down a slight hill, and onto our neighbor's land. If I messed up, in the slightest the tree would fall on: the house, the van, the street, the electical wires, K, the ladder or the cat.
the tension was high, my leg was shaking, on the brake.
The signal came
I went
the tree came down with a HUGE thunderous boom, exactly where it was supposed to.
I went around the bush, but i ran over the sapling pine tree.
Mission: complete.
(except then we had to cut it into small pieces, and move each piece to the burn pile in the rain)
I definitely got my exercise yesterday.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    I love Marty Casey!! I have "trees" on my ipod. It's a great song

     

Post a Comment

<< Home